"Self-love is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting"


-William Shakespeare

The Best Way To Shop

Shop through igive to support the New Repertory Theatre! Here's how it works: shop your (and my!) favorite websites by clicking through igive, or install the igive shopping window on your computer. The retailer will give a percentage of your sale to The New Repertory Theatre. What's in it for you? Besides supporting a great cause, you get access to special shopping deals!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Still Tired

I've learned that being the center of attention is not nearly as much fun as I had anticipated. So, I've created this FAQ for you all....


  • No, I am not contagious.
  • I was at Beth Israel.
  • Yes, I do have health insurance.
  • The doctors have no idea how, where, or why I got it.
  • No, I don't want to hear about your friend, neighbor, cousin or hairdresser who had it and almost died.
  • Nor do I want hear about the newspaper or magazine article, or Dateline story about people who do die from it.
  • I was on IV antibiotics.
  • I am now taking two oral antibiotics, for a total of 6 pills everyday.
  • Yes, I am eating lots of yogurt.
  • The worst side effects are lightheadedness, dizziness, and fatigue.
  • Other side effects I am feeling are nausea and loss of appetite.
  • I will feel better when I'm done with the pills-next Friday.
  • I'm just really tired.

And a few just for mom.....

  • I'm fine.
  • No, work isn't too much.
  • Yes, I did make a follow-up appointment.

And, just to prove that I am more than just a cynical bitch, some people were truly lovely to me, so....

  • H.S. Thank you for calling me at the hospital to see how I was feeling, and telling me to call you if I needed anything, and not once asking when I was coming back to work. That support is why I pushed the doctors to let me come back to work so soon.
  • M.S. Thanks for telling me to let you know if I needed anything even after I came back to work. You have enough going on as it is without worrying about me!
  • B.O., B.H., and R.L. Thanks for telling me how worried you were, and for being impressed with me coming back to work so soon!
  • A.F. Thanks for forbidding me to do any cleaning around the apartment.
  • V.H. Thanks for looking after the Paws-cat while I was in the hospital.

2 comments:

Scripty said...

I'm very glad that you are OK!

Ladylipstick said...

Thanks! Feeling better every day!