The Best Way To Shop
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Yes, I have been AWOL well, all summer. We can blame my being busy with a new boyfriend, a fabulous makeup and wig gig (oh no, that rhymed!) with a celebrity, rubbing elbows with some political bigwigs. And some shopping.
Stay tuned for more of my very opinionated self!
Posted by Ladylipstick at 9/13/2008 08:54:00 PM
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Is it web-based email in a pill, or an online calorie burner? Did I just uncover the greatest conspiracy of the 21st century? Or did I just blow your mind?
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
I am lifting the ban. This could be the perfect opportunity for a young man looking to get in on the ground floor with a smart, funny, sexy, independent, low-maintenance woman. Clearly, whatever issues I have surrounding dating, self-esteem is not one of them.
I do have some questions for my loyal readers. (assuming that I do have loyal readers. Hello! Is anybody there? The numbers on the tracker keep going up, but you know, the comments option is there for a reason.)
I think that the whole dating thing has changed since the last time I got into all that. So, first question.
- How do I find guys to date? I work for a professional theatre company, so clearly, I'm not meeting any eligible guys through that avenue. Well, I am, just not eligible for me. I am meeting lots of fantastic men who are great dancers and have excellent fashion sense. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I used to live in a hip little town, where meeting people was fantastically easy. But now it's not so easy in the big bad Boston. Everybody says that the internet is the way to go. Okay, I guess we actually did answer that question.
- How does one plan a date? What should one do? And how does a person who doesn't drink deal with date jitters?
- What's the deal with the whole sex on the third date thing? Is that a myth? It seems awfully regimented.
- Okay, here's a really tough one. I've always had really close male friends. Where is the line between friendship and something more? The line between date and hanging out? How can you tell the difference between 'he's just not into you" and "he is into you but he's shy and/or respectful?" How do I let someone know I'm interested in them without being a total embarrassing dork? Can I just have a friend call his friend to find out if he likes me? Am I destined to be perpetually stuck in junior high?
- At what point in the dating process do you tell someone your secrets? I don't have any dark, scary secrets, but there are some things you don't share right away. But, there are some things that you don't want to wait too long to tell.
- Why am I doing this? Why don't I just go back to the plan of being a crazy cat lady? Oh, right. There are some things feline companionship just can't offer.
So, seriously. Leave some pithy advice. Use the comments. And if your best friend thinks I'm cute, tell my best friend and we can go roller-skating. My mom can drop us off if his mom picks us up.