"Self-love is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting"


-William Shakespeare

The Best Way To Shop

Shop through igive to support the New Repertory Theatre! Here's how it works: shop your (and my!) favorite websites by clicking through igive, or install the igive shopping window on your computer. The retailer will give a percentage of your sale to The New Repertory Theatre. What's in it for you? Besides supporting a great cause, you get access to special shopping deals!

Monday, March 24, 2008

You mean Zombie Jesus Day*

Our mainstage show closed yesterday, and not a moment too soon. It actually was a great show, with a great cast, but staying though intermission every night was really wearing me down. I will miss the cast though, especially Nancy. We started playing "the game," every day-she would come to the office to try to guess how many seats we'd sold. She came down yesterday while I was on the phone, and tapped me on the shoulder. I thought she was coming to play "the game," but she was leaving me a closing present! I love getting closing presents from actors. It makes me feel loved.

Now we just have the super controversial festival in the Black Box. We actually had a protester last night, handing out a flyer about "The Other Rachels." It had pictures of Israeli women killed in acts of terrorism. I am thinking about photoshopping in a picture of myself and passing it around to my co-workers. I haven't decided yet if that will be funny or tasteless.

All of us on staff are now getting sick, because we are all working too much, and breathing the same air. I've also noticed that at each festival event, there are fewer staff members around. Something tells me that we will never do a festival again!

I'm taking my cold to bed now.



*My Israeli friend's response to my greeting of "Happy Easter, Christ-Killer" yesterday.

No comments: