"Self-love is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting"


-William Shakespeare

The Best Way To Shop

Shop through igive to support the New Repertory Theatre! Here's how it works: shop your (and my!) favorite websites by clicking through igive, or install the igive shopping window on your computer. The retailer will give a percentage of your sale to The New Repertory Theatre. What's in it for you? Besides supporting a great cause, you get access to special shopping deals!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

My, Somebody is Wearing Cranky Pants Today!

So, for the fourth day out of seven, there was no hot water or heat in my building. This has sent me into a tailspin of crankiness, so, I present to you....

Stuff Ladylipstick Hates!

  • Lack of hot water. This seriously interferes with my beauty routine. I mean really, I refuse to take ice cold showers. Therefore, no shower, no shampoo, no shaving. I may start coming to work early so I can shower here.
  • Fashion magazines that use bad puns for the title of fashion spreads. This seriously insults my intelligence.
  • When people comment, in an accusatory tone, on how many shoes I own. Now, I am not humorless. I do own a lot of shoes, and, with someone who is close to me, I will even mock myself. Shoes are my crack. But for those who need to have that tone, listen up! I am a single, self-sufficient woman with no dependents (well, except for my cat). So, if I want to spend my hard earned money on shoes, BUTT OUT! I am tired of that slightly condescending tone, as if my very morals are in question for buying shoes. (and may I point out, I always buy on sale. I am an expert bargain shopper. That's why I look better than you.) Yeah, so don't use that tone, and then drive away in your SUV. Who's really at question here? Again, I am not talking about the girls of theater who say things like "you always have great shoes." Comments like that are great. When you say something like that, I will tell you both where I got them and how much I paid...and you will be amazed. Besides, aren't we supposed to by buying shoes to stimulate the economy?
  • Waiting for the bus on cold, windy nights.

Yep, these are a few of my least favorite things. Maybe someday I'll post things I love, but not today!

No comments: